Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lemon-Cherry Yogurt Parfait


Lemon Cherry Yogurt Parfait
Greek Yogurt, Whipped Cream, 
Cherry Preserves and Lemon.  A match made in Parfait heaven!
After spending the day preparing for a family dinner that consisted of Homemade Italian Bread, Stuffed Shells and Cesar Salad it was time to think about dessert!  With a dinner like that I knew I wanted something light and refreshing.  My search lead me to Delish where I found this crazy good parfait! This is about as refreshing as it gets.  Lemon- Cherry Yogurt Parfait has two layers, both are made with greek yogurt and whipped cream, one layer is flavored with lemon and the other with cherry preserves.  The combination of  lemon and cherry is outstanding!  The layers are alternated in the dessert glass to make a very pretty pale pink and white presentation. I topped each parfait with a cherry from the preserves. The recipe states this serves 4, but I was able to get 6 servings with the glasses I chose to serve them in. This is absolutely delicious! A light refreshing dessert that would certainly be the perfect ending to any meal. What a great dessert for Valentines Day!  I did make 2 adaptions, after tasting the cherry cream layer I decided I wanted more cherry flavor so I went from 1/4 cup of cherry preserves to 1/2 cup.  I also omitted the gelatin, it was such a small amount and leaving it out didn't effect the dessert setting up at all. We loved this dessert, I hope you do too!   Enjoy!



Lemon Cherry Yogurt Parfait
To Print The Recipe Click Here.




Lemon-Cherry Parfait
Delish

Ingredients:

  • 1  cup(s) heavy cream, chilled
  • 1  cup(s) 2% Greek-style plain yogurt
  • 1/4  cup(s) cherry preserves ( I used 1/2 cup of cherry preserves)
  • 1/4  teaspoon(s) unflavored gelatin ( I omitted the gelatin)
  • 1  teaspoon(s) water
  • 1  tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
  • 1  teaspoon(s) finely grated lemon zest
  • 3  tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar

Directions:

  1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream at high speed until firm. Add the yogurt and beat just until combined. Transfer half of the mixture to another bowl and fold in the cherry preserves.
  2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand until softened, about 1 minute. Microwave the gelatin at high power for 5 seconds, just until melted. Add the gelatin to the plain whipped cream mixture along with the lemon juice, lemon zest, and confectioners' sugar and beat at medium speed just until combined.
  3. Spoon half of the lemon cream into 4 wineglasses and top with half of the cherry cream. Top with the remaining lemon and cherry creams and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.



No comments: